Monday, May 26, 2014

PHILLY - HERE I COME!

Hola amigos y familia!

So from now on, my pday is monday! I leave here in about 12 and a half hours, or 230 in the morning, to head to the airport, and then on to Atlanta and Philly! MAN did those 6 weeks go by fast and slow and hard and easy and all around crazy!!! Pero esta bien ("but it´s ok", I´ll probably say that a lot).

Just letting you know that I´m all safe and sound and ready to head out. Plus I will get to email you when i get to Philly, so all should be good there too. Super excited! And wierded out! Pero esta bien! 

I´ve been studying in the scriptures lately and I´ve really found a lot that has made me think. One that especially made an impact on me was 3 Nephi 9:22:

"Therefore, whoso repenteth and cometh unto me as a little child, him will I receive, for of such is the kingdom of God. Behold, for such I have laid down my life, and have taken it up again; therefore, repent, and come unto me ye ends of the earth, and be saved."

I know that the atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is the ONLY way whereby we can receive salvation. I know that with all my heart. And I know that it is real; I know that He is real, and that He lives. Lives and loves us with more grace, majesty, and power than is humanely conceivable. Christ laid down His life for us, regardless of whether or not we would come unto Him. The greatest message we can give to those we serve is that of the atonement: that God, in His infinite goodness, has prepared and orchestrated a way for us to become clean, repent, receive peace and happiness, and most importantly, to return to His presence at the end of our lives and live with Him.

Being the last week, there were a lot of goodbyes...many tears, memories, and a TON of photos. We have all grown so close to the Spirit here, and super close to each other as well! I´ve made many friends while I´ve been here, but I can´t wait to get out into the field and serve! 


So one of my teachers, Hermano Lopez, is pretty much the coolest guy I know. He got all of us guys full on luchadore masks!!! Member nacholibre??? ;D Plus some cool handmade bowls...some cool name for them but i have no idea...for all of our moms!
(Note from Elder Kings Mom - His teacher looks so young!)





No comments:

Post a Comment